Overseas market is quite different from other markets. Overseas audiences are educated audiences (so called multiplex audiences in India or A center audiences). In that case, we cannot screen all movies that get released in India. Can we screen all blockbuster hit movies in India here? That’s not true either. Duniya movie directed by Suri was a biggest hit there; it was screened only in couple of locations and taken out due to poor response.
What kind of movies can be screened overseas? This is a million dollar question to all filmmakers, producers, directors. Based on my experience, movies that fall into the below category will be a proper fit into the overseas screening category.
- Reviews of 3.5 stars or more in all newspaper, Websites.
- Appreciated by Multiplex audiences.
- Family movie with emotional value.
- Language should not be vulgar.
- Family oriented comedy movie.
- Well-known actors.
- Preference to Straight Subjects.
- Different concept or theme.
- Viral HIT
(to be continued)
(Article by Atlanta Nagendra)